One of the most beautiful parts of this form, when done well, is Fair Lady Works the Shuttle.
Here is a visual summary of the sequence of the form.
- part the curtain / single whip
- block to the south west / far right, right arm forward and higher than left
- cross step to the south east / far left, as you step spiral the left hand in front of your face, right hand blocks low, stopping at mid line of waist, and unfurl the spiral, follow step
- sink the heal, pigeon toe 270 degree turn to the north east, simple head height block, follow step
- sink the heal, cross step and spiral hand as you step through to the north west, follow step as you unfurl the spiral, sink heel,
- pidgeon toe, turn 270 degrees, blocking as in 1 to the south west, covering the face with the block as you move through.